ICT Services Officer - Central Office
About The Organisation
Operating 27 quality residences from Mindarie to Busselton, Aegis Aged Care is WA's largest aged care provider. We pride ourselves on our imagination and innovation to improve the care, quality of life and home environment of the people who live with us for the past 30 years.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the ICT support team within the Aegis Aged Care Group. The successful applicant will be:
- Accountable for the effective delivery of specialist ICT support and consultancy services across the Aegis Aged Care Group
- Provide technical advice, support and assistance relating to desktop, ICT Infrastructure and Network environment
- Assist in the distribution and installation of software
- Assist in the coordination, identification and resolution of ICT troubleshooting activities to ensure appropriate technical support exists for the continuation of essential business operations
- Assist in the management of the ICT Helpdesk and resolve incoming requests in a timely and effective manner.
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in identifying technical issues, thinking laterally and applying analytical skills to develop appropriate options for resolution
- Experience in a HelpDesk environment
- Experience in the establishment and continuous improvement of appropriate ICT architecture
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritise workload
- Significant knowledge and understanding of ICT-related government legislation, policies, procedures and systems
- Experience in maintaining server, storage and network infrastructure
- Experience in administering Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and GPO.
- Understanding of Network fundamentals
- Experience with Virtualised environments.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound understanding and general knowledge of both Microsoft Windows and Apple macOS Workstations
- Experience with Linux based systems (CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows based Servers (Server 2003 – 2012)
Our Central Office is conveniently located in the suburb of Burswood, is close to public transport and plenty of free street parking.
You will be joining a growing business that has maintained its family feel and will be part of a friendly and supportive working atmosphere.
Comprehensive orientation and the ability to expand your current knowledge is available.
How To Apply
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, please contact our People & Culture Department on (08) 6254 8200 or click "APPLY" now and provide a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.