Cook - Aegis Lincoln Park
About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
Located in the heart of the Highgate community, Aegis Lincoln Park provides quality care services for up to 46 residents.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
About The Role
An opportunity has arisen to be a part of the team at Aegis Lincoln Park as a Cook, on a part-time basis working 48hrs per fortnight.
As an important part of the team, you will:
Create and prepare high quality breakfast for our residents.
- Create and prepare high quality breakfast for our residents.
- Assist in organising kitchen personnel in preparation and serving of meals.
- Ensure appropriate storage methods are used in accordance to relevant regulations and policies.
- Prepare sandwiches, salads and meals according to dietary plans and cyclic menus.
- Prepare and serve meals as appropriate.
- Work alongside skilled and knowledgeable kitchen hand staff.
The successful applicant will be available for weekend and weekday shifts
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers, in particular, breakfast and pastry making.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- A high level of Food Safe knowledge.
- Have sound communication and organisation skills.
- Be able to work within a team environment and independently.
Previous experience within Aged Care will be highly regarded.
Staff enjoy working at Aegis Lincoln Park due to its friendly and supportive working environment. You will work alongside skilled and experienced colleagues as well as being provided with the equipment to do your job effectively and efficiently.
How To Apply
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
- For further information, please contact Jackie Giffney, Facility Manager on (08) 9297 9100.