Housekeeping Team Leader - Aegis Montgomery
About The Organisation
The Aegis Aged Care Group has been providing quality care services to elderly West Australians for over 30 years with a passion in innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environments for the people who reside with us.
In 2012, Aegis purchased the old Swanbourne Hospital after the iconic building having been left vacant and officially closed since 1986. This historic Perth landmark has been carefully transformed into a fully functioning 80 bed Residential Aged Care Facility which pays homage to the rich history of the site. This unique Facility is on schedule to commence services in Mid-January 2018 and will be delivering hospitality services with a resident focus of providing daily housekeeping services to maintain a living environment tailored to each resident.
The opening of this facility provides new opportunities for staff who would like to be a part of an amazing project that will combine history and contemporary service delivery all in one. If you are looking for a role where you can engage in relationship based services to residents in a luxury Residential Aged Care Facility this role may be for you.
About The Role
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a qualified cleaner and team leader with drive and passion for providing a high standard of housekeeping services. You will contribute extensively to the effective day to day housekeeping operations of the facility and provide a standard of cleaning ensuring that each residents’ expectation of their living environment is met.
You will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of room attendants with the years of experience you have gained across the housekeeping services industry. Room Attendants will provide housekeeping services across 3 dining rooms, café, private dining room, theatre, museum, 80 private resident rooms along with many heritage listed common living spaces.
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this role you will have:
- The position will suit a well organised and self-motivated individual who is isn't afraid of hard work and who is able to get in and assist your team.
- Provide expert cleaning services in a friendly manner and uphold our reputation of luxury accommodation facilities and outstanding resident care.
- You are someone who is passionate about following strict hygiene practices and adhering to high safety standards and you possess a strong knowledge of manual handling techniques.
- An appetite for delivering housekeeping services that anticipate our residents needs
- Experience in leading a team
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- An approachable mentoring demeanour
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of rotating cleaning schedules
- Stock control and ordering skills
- Current National Police Check
- Valid Driver’s Licence
Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience.
How To Apply
To discuss this exciting opportunity, please contact the Aegis Aged Care Group on (08) 6254 8200 or click