Assistant Cook - Aegis Amberley
Spearwood , WA
About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
Located in the heart of the Spearwood Community, Aegis Amberley is a state of the art facility that caters for up to 114 residents. It provides Low, High and Dementia Specific care as well as Extra Services.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Cook to be a part of the team at Aegis Amberley, on a Part-time basis with the possibility to become Full-time
Under supervision of the Chef Manager, you will:
- Assist in organising catering personnel in preparation and serving of meals.
- Maintain efficient management and delivery of food services.
- Ensure appropriate storage methods are used in accordance to relevant regulations and policies.
- Prepare sandwiches, salads and meals according to dietary plans and cyclic menus.
- Work alongside skilled and knowledgeable kitchen hand staff.
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have at least two years’ experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent/higher.
- Be able to communicate effectively to all levels and with diverse backgrounds.
- Have sound knowledge of Food Safe practices.
Aegis Amberley offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with working in a skilled and knowledgeable team. Aegis offers a comprehensive orientation program.
How To Apply
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
- For further information, please contact Margrete Hanssen, Facility Manager on (08) 9494 5900