Assistant Chef - Carrington
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
Aegis offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with a comprehensive orientation program. You will be joining a progressive and dynamic company where your contribution will be valued.
Located in Hamilton Hill, Aegis Carrington is a fully equipped facility currently providing Low Care and High Care for 119 residents in a comfortable and homely setting.
About the role
We are looking for a qualified and motivated Assistant Chef to be part of our residence. This exciting opportunity is a Permanent Part-Time role at Carrington, and will include weekend shifts.
Reporting to the Chef Manager and as an integral part of the team, you will:
- Assist in organising catering personnel in preparation and serving of meals.
- Maintain efficient management and delivery of food services.
- Ensure appropriate storage methods are used in accordance to relevant regulations and policies.
- Prepare sandwiches, salads and meals according to dietary plans and cyclic menus.
- Work alongside skilled and knowledgeable kitchen hand staff.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers.
- Be able to communicate effectively to all levels and with diverse backgrounds.
- Have sound knowledge of Food Safe practices.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent/higher.
- An approachable and mentoring demeanour
How to apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
For further information, please contact the Aegis Aged Care Group on (08) 6254 8200 or click "Apply" now below.