Quality, Compliance & Risk Co-ordinator
About the role
This is a newly created role designed to provide support across designated sites to ensure effective quality, care and lifestylr systems are maintained and monitored for full compliance against Aegis’ Polices and Processes, governing legislation and regulations as applicable to the Aged Care Accreditation Standards as applicable.
This role is responsible for assisting the Manager Quality, Compliance & Risk to ensure positive Accreditation Standard outcomes as well as clinical care are achieved in all required areas.
There is a strong focus on collaboration, communication, stakeholder engagement and relationship building in this role.
In this role, you will:
- Support the Manager Quality, Compliance & Risk in maximising the opportunity to translate information into effective and practical initiatives and contribute constructively to the care and lifestyle focus of Aegis.
- Identify and recommend improvement opportunities across the Aegis Group while simultaneously looking for opportunities to build on the positive Aegis’ culture.
- Provide support, coaching and guidance to Aegis facilities and their management teams to achieve compliance and expected results of Aegis quality processes and practices.
- Audit and contribute to achievement of compliance with Aegis Quality Systems.
- Assist in the evidence gathering process to support any at risk compliance processes, while at all times refraining from acting on such deficiencies before reporting to the Manager Quality, Compliance & Risk.
- Support the preparation of documents for site audits and unannounced contacts by AACQ&SC.
- Provide local support for all AACQ&SC visits as allocated.
- Assist the Manager Quality, Compliance & Risk in completion of reporting and provide support to ensure compliance is identified and actions help rectify any identified non-compliance.
- Monitor and review to ensure that Aegis Group always operates in an environment of Continuous Improvement that seeks and maintains stakeholder engagement and contribution
Skills and abilities
- Extensive Aged Care or similar health services industry experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to build effective relationships and communicate with a diverse range of people
- Highly developed sense of emotional intelligence and a consistent track record of demonstrating empathy.
- Agile, operationally focussed and passionate about continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- High level of problem solving skills and consideration of the organisation’s goals.
- Promotes a customer service care recipient focused approach by all staff
You will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package commensurate with your skills and abilities.
- Registered Nurse Div. 1 with current AHPRA registration.
- Experience (minimum 2 years) in aged care or similar.
- Comprehensive understanding of all legislation governing Aged Care Operations including Aged Care Quality Standards and quality management systems.
- Understanding of the Aged Care Quality Standards and auditing process.
- Lead auditor qualifications or Quality Aged Care Assessor qualifications.
- Willing to frequently travel to facilities in Perth and Busselton.
- Full Australian working rights and current national police clearance.
How to apply
To discuss this exciting opportunity, please contact Grant Waldron (Manager People & Culture) or Bena Grewel (Manager Quality, Compliance & Risk) at Aegis Central office on (08) 6254 8200.