Facility Manager - Aegis Amherst
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis have a challenging and exciting opportunity for a Facility Manager at our soon to be opened 133 bed Amherst Facility in Canning Vale.
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
Situated in the heart of the Canning Vale community, Aegis Amherst is Aegis’ newest Residential Aged Care facility providing quality care and services for up to 133 residents in our brand new, modern, well-equipped environment.
About the role
We are looking for a highly-experienced and motivated Facility Manager who has the ability to promote and establish this facility as a provider of high quality care and lifestyle to all prospective residents. You will have an in-depth understanding of the Aged Care industry coupled with sound business acumen and will be able to provide effective leadership in all aspects of the role. As part of the Aegis executive team, you will be accountable for the day to day operations and overall management of all aspects of the facility, while being empowered to manage and influence your own business unit with support from other professional teams.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will:
- Drive quality in care, therapy, hospitality & customer service to ensure excellence is maintained in line with Aegis’ vision, mission and values.
- Build a distinctive culture amongst all staff to deliver high quality care and services.
- Provide clinical leadership and expertise.
- Provide support to residents and their families.
- Ensure all aspects of care service delivery are compliant with Aged Care Quality Standards, Aegis policy and procedures and relevant legislation.
- Manage all material and financial resources to ensure their efficient and effective use, including developing and implementing annual business plans and budgets.
- Act as a role model to staff, promoting Aegis’ values in everything you do.
- Passionate about caring for the aged with the ability to ignite the same in others.
- Exceptional people skills and leadership capabilities.
- Able to communicate with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders.
- Strong management skills, being able to proactively lead, coach and develop a diverse workforce.
- Highly organised with strong planning skills and the ability to manage numerous competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to identify and manage clinical risk in the aged care setting.
- Flexible in responding to resident choice and changing resident needs.
- Able to identify and manage conflict situations effectively.
- Registered Nurse Div. 1 with current AHPRA registration.
- Extensive management/leadership experience in aged care in a residential setting, with the ability to influence others to deliver high quality care, lifestyle and customer service.
- Extensive proven experience as a Facility Manager in aged care.
- Comprehensive understanding of Aged Care Quality Standards, quality management systems and ACFI assessment processes.
- Sound business acumen including knowledge of budgets and finances.
- Full Australian working rights and current national police clearance.
How to apply
To discuss this opportunity, please email email@example.com or contact Kevin Brimblecombe, Chief Operating Officer for more information on (08) 6254 8200.