Executive Sous Chef
Providing quality care and hospitality services for over 30 years, the Aegis Aged Care Group is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life, and home environment of the people who live with us.
About the role
This position is responsible for providing support and assistance to Chef Managers and Assistant Cooks for the efficient and effective management of catering services to facilities within their allocated group of facilities by providing technical knowledge, skill and leadership to deliver high quality catering services to all residents, ensuring a quality lifestyle in accordance with Aged Care Standards and Aegis policies and procedures. The position assists the Group Catering Manager to lead catering teams to produce a standard of food which excels our customers’ expectations and to achieve a high quality satisfaction at all times. The Executive Sous Chef is required to actively support Aegis' Vision, Mission and Values.
Based in Burswood but with regular onsite work in our facilities, key responsibilities will be:
- Support Chef Managers with the delivery of quality food services that enhance Aegis’ reputation as the leading provider of quality aged care services
- Ensure high levels of customer service principles are integrated into all aspects of kitchen operations
- Support facility kitchens with operating in line with the Aged Care quality standards and Aegis policies and procedures
- Support, coach, monitor and mentor Chef Managers and Assistant Cooks to ensure high quality food services in accordance with resident choice
Skills and abilities
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Chef and HACCP qualifications
- Sous Chef experience in a large commercial catering operation
- Superior communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service ethos
- Ability to identify and manage food safety practices to maintain a safe level of food consumed, stored and handled.
- Flexibility to lead/coach Chef Managers to enable them to respond to resident choice and changing resident needs
- Experience with management and implementation of standard purchasing systems and stock control
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to prioritise and manage responsibilities whilst assisting others in doing the same
- Ability to coach, direct and foster teamwork and effectively work as a team member, whilst providing leadership to ensure the highest quality food service and customer experience are achieved
- Ability to identify and manage conflict situations effectively
- Good computer skills and knowledge in Outlook, Word, Excel and electronic food services system
- Actively maintain and develop own professional skills and high level catering expertise
- Working rights to work in Australia
- Current National Police Clearance
- Preferred – immunised against Varicella, MMR and Influenza (annually)
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant based on their skills and experience and will include a fully maintained company vehicle.
Our Central Office is conveniently located in Burswood and provides high quality amenities including undercover parking, staff gym, employee benefits program, family friendly hours.
You will be joining a growing organisation that has maintained its family feel as well as a motivated and dynamic management team who are passionate about what we do.
How to apply
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, please contact Tony Moxham or Javier Ferrandez on (08) 6254 8200 or click “APPLY” now.