Assistant Chef - Balmoral
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
Aegis offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with a comprehensive orientation program. You will be joining a progressive and dynamic company where your contribution will be valued.
Located in the Como community, Aegis Balmoral provides quality care and services within a modern and welcoming environment for up to 214 residents.
About the role
We are looking for a qualified and motivated Assistant Chef to be part of our residence. This is a full time role and will include one weekend shift per fortnight.
Reporting to the Facility Manager and as an integral part of the team, you will:
- Be responsible for providing high quality catering service which will be a point of difference for residents and will enrich the lives of the people living with us.
- Lead the kitchen production team by cooking while mentoring your staff.
- Ensure menus are developed in line with Aegis’ philosophy of providing meals that are full of flavour and use fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and Aegis’ food safety plan.
- Manage the rostering of kitchen staff.
- Manage food ordering and storage according to relevant regulations.
- Ensure the efficient use of resources and maximise service offering within budget.
- Lead and coach all kitchen personnel, developing their skills and maximising potential.
- Qualification in Commercial Cookery
- At least 5 years’ experience as Head Chef or similar role
- Experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers of people, preferably including vulnerable people.
- Proven experience to run a busy, high volume food service.
- Experience in managing a food production team providing multiple services
- Knowledge of implementing and controlling a food safety program following HACCP principles
- Sound understanding of rostering.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, with strong problem solving skills.
- Customer service ethos with a focus on quality service.
- Passion for cooking and take pride in providing high quality food and services.
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How to Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
For further information, please contact Javier Ferrandez, Catering Services - Senior Consultant on (08) 6254 8200.