Assistant Cook - Aegis Alfred Carson
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- comprehensive orientation program;
- ongoing training and opportunities for career growth and;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses.
Located in the heart of the Claremont community, Aegis Alfred Carson provides quality care and services for up to 90 residents in a modern and homely living environment.
About the role
Exciting opportunities have arisen to be a part of the team at Aegis Alfred Carson as an Assistant Cook. We have both Full-time and a Part-time role on offer.
As an important part of the team, you will:
- Effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of food services for residents
- Provide food services under the direction and supervision of the Cook/Chef Manager
- Organise kitchen staff in the preparation and serving of meals during weekends
- Prepares resident’s meals according to dietary plans and menus developed
- Manages receipt of stores, and food storage according to the relevant regulations
- Ensure correct food handling techniques are used at all times
- At least 2 years’ experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers of people
- A high level of food safety knowledge.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to supervise and organise staff to deliver high quality catering services.
- Be able to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment and independently as required.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent).
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded.
- Have empathy with the elderly.
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How to Apply
To discuss this opportunity, please contact the manager at Alfred Carson on (08) 9230 6500 or apply via our Careers page (https://aegisagedcare.applynow.net.au/)