Assistants in Nursing - Aegis Amberley
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- comprehensive orientation program;
- ongoing training and opportunities for career growth; and
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses.
Located in the heart of the Spearwood community, Aegis Amberley provides quality care and services for up to 114 elderly West Australians in a modern and welcoming living environment.
About The Role
We are looking for skilled and highly empathetic Assistant in Nursing staff who are passionate about providing exceptional care to our residents. A wide variety of casual opportunities are available. The successful applicant must be willing to commit to the ability of picking up night shifts.
As an integral part of the team you will:
- Work with other professionals to provide high quality, safe and effective personal care that aligns with individual resident choices and best practice.
- Assist residents with daily living activities such as showering, getting dressed, and toileting.
- Provide assistance during meal time in line with Aegis’ Excellence in Dining strategy.
- Complete documentation based on Aegis requirements.
- Deliver excellent customer service to residents, their families and any other external parties.
- Able to use initiative and deal with unexpected situations.
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Be compassionate and have empathy with the aged.
- Able to work cooperatively within a team and with a wide range of people.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, with good organisation and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Positive and friendly personality with a passion for assisting our residents to maintain their quality of life.
The ability to speak Italian, Croatian and/or Portuguese will be a highly desirable asset.
- Certificate III in Aged Care (or higher/equivalent).
- At least 1 year experience in aged care (preferred).
- Full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
- Be flexible and available on short notice for varied shifts across all days the week.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.