Cleaning & Laundry Assistant - Aegis Ascot
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
Aegis offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with a comprehensive orientation program. You will be joining a progressive and dynamic company where your contribution will be valued.
Located in the suburb of Bayswater, Aegis Ascot caters for up to 30 residents who are in need of care and awaiting a return to their home or admission to residential Aged Care.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated and adaptable Laundry and Cleaning team member to be part of our residence on a Permanent Part-time basis.
As an important part of the team you will:
- Provide laundry services under the direction and supervision of the Facility Manager.
- Ensure laundry is completed according to Aegis standards.
- Be responsible for all in-house washing.
- Return personal clothing to residents’ cupboards and maintain in tidy condition.
- Meet turn-around time for all tasks as per duty statement.
- Work effectively & efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Provide a clean and safe environment within the facility and ensuring Aegis cleaning quality standards are always met.
- Ensure all areas of the facility are cleaned & maintained to the highest level at all times.
- Collect and remove domestic waste.
- Previous experience in laundry services.
- Sound knowledge of commercial laundry operations, including the safe use of chemicals.
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Have a customer service ethos with a focus on quality and accuracy in returning resident belongings correctly.
- Have empathy with the elderly.
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
- Sound knowledge of commercial cleaning operations, including the safe use of chemicals.
- A high level of relationship building and communication skills.
- A strong understanding of infection control principles.
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision and as a team player.
- High attention to detail.
How to apply
To lodge an application, click “APPLY” now and provide a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role