Lifestyle Coordinator - Alfred Carson
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
Located in the heart of the Claremont community, Aegis Alfred Carson provides quality care and services for up to 90 residents in a modern and homely living environment.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and self-driven individual to join the team as a Lifestyle Coordinator. This is a Monday to Friday Full time role.
As an important part of the care and lifestyle team, you will:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, meaningful and enjoyable lifestyle program.
- Coordinate, supervise and participate in the daily delivery of lifestyle and therapy programs under the direction of the Facility Manager and Occupational Therapist.
- Contribute to the admission process by promoting the Facility’s lifestyle programs to potential new residents.
- Greet the resident on arrival, assists with settling into their room and orientation to the facility.
- Manage lifestyle programs including intergenerational activities, bookings of activities and bus trips.
- Organise resident and relative meetings.
- Ensure Excellence in Dining principles are upheld by staff delivering Dining services.
- Coordinate volunteers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach staff to deliver quality lifestyle and therapy activities.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Hold a genuine interest in working with older people.
- A Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or equivalent/higher or experience.
- Proven experience in the coordination of enjoyable lifestyle programs in aged care.
- At least 1 year experience in aged care (preferred).
- Experience in Hospitality (preferred).
- Full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.