Executive Manager Finance
Welcome to Aegis
The Aegis Aged Care Group has been providing quality care services to West Australians for almost 4 decades years. We are committed to excellence through imagination and innovation and providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 29 Care Facilities in WA. Aegis is our State’s largest Residential Aged Care Provider employing over 3,400 staff.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and motivated finance executive to join the Aegis Group as Executive Manager Finance.
This role ideally suits an individual who is seeking personal growth and development in a vitally important community focused organisation.
As a key member of a small executive team reporting directly to the CEO/Proprietor, the Executive Manager Finance plays an integral role in the overall strategic direction and daily operations of this dynamic business. The role has Group-wide responsibilities in providing first class financial and business systems leadership through:
- Ongoing leadership, coaching and providing direction to the Finance, Payroll and Billing teams comprising 20 staff
- Provision of strong leadership direction and implementation of continuous improvements in Accounting practices
- Timely, accurate and transparent accounting for the operations of the Group to ensure is consistent with “best practice” and International Financial Reporting Standards. Changes in International Financial Reporting Standards are considered and implemented as required
- The preparation of annual tax returns completed in accordance with statutory requirements
- Effectively managing the working capital components of the Group with specific attention to debtors and cash flows
- Preparation of monthly and annual financial statements for the Aegis Group, completed according to established deadlines and statutory requirements
- Improvements to the budget and financial reporting process particularly timely completion
- Providing the CEO with commentary and advice on financial performance to assist in growing revenue and managing costs
- Acting upon advice received from financial advisers and auditors in a timely and effective manner.
We are looking for a professionally qualified and experienced Accountant with a service-based ethos, excellent communication skills, and a strong sense of company loyalty who is seeking ongoing personal development and growth.
We welcome applications from suitably experienced candidates who can demonstrate key skills including:
- Ability to operate at an Executive level providing strong strategic and operational expertise across the Group.
- CA or CPA Qualification with minimum 7 years’ experience.
- Ability to provide financial thought leadership.
- Sound technical skills including requisite financial reporting, interpretation and compliance.
- Sound technical tax skills including tax returns, tax effect accounting, interpretation and compliance.
- Foster strong relationships between departments
- Strong written & verbal communications skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Customer Service ethos.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and operate in an effective organised manner.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Statutory accounting and taxation experience.
- Advanced Microsoft suite skills (Excel, Powerpoint, Word).
- Strong attention to detail, time management and organisational skills.
- Experience with improving and implementing business systems and controls.
- Experience with Prophix and Epicor reporting and accounting systems is advantageous but not essential.
How to apply
To lodge an application, please click "APPLY" now. To discuss this role further, please contact Grant Waldron – Executive Manager People & Culture on 6254 8200.