Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
Aegis offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with a comprehensive orientation program. You will be joining a progressive and dynamic company where your contribution will be valued.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the Aegis team as a Relief Chef on a Permanent Part-time basis. Working across multiple sites to cover leave absences (such as annual leave and sick leave), various shifts will be offered across all days of the week including weekends and will include Morning (06:00 - 14:00) and Afternoon (09:00 - 17:00) shifts.
As an important part of the Aegis team, you will:
- Effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of quality food and hospitality services for residents.
- Provide food services under the direction and supervision of the Cook/Chef Manager.
- Organise kitchen staff in the preparation and serving of meals during weekends.
- Prepare resident’s meals according to dietary plans and menus developed.
- Manage receipt of stores, and food storage according to the relevant regulations.
- Ensure correct food handling techniques are used at all times.
- Availability and flexibility to work weekdays and weekends for a variety of shifts.
- Experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers of people.
- A high level of food safety knowledge.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to supervise and organise staff to deliver high quality catering services.
- Be able to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment and independently as required.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent).
- Be flexible and available for varying shifts.
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded.
- Have empathy with the elderly.
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Please click apply NOW or apply via our Careers page (https://aegisagedcare.applynow.net.au)
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Sue Harvey, Catering Manager on (08) 6254 8200.