Assistant in Nursing - Ellenvale
Fancy a sea change to the beautiful South-West of Western Australia. Tranquil lifestyle, breathtaking coastline, unbeatable beaches, rolling vineyards at your fingertips, your next adventure is never far away. Come join our Busselton team and this will be yours every single day. Initial subsidised shared accommodation will be provided in a brand new apartment.
As an integral part of the Ellenvale care team, you will be part of a Clinical Health team full of supportive and highly skilled individuals who are always collaborating to provide outstanding care to our residents.
About Aegis Aged Care
Providing quality care and services for 30 years, we are passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and home environment of the people who live with us. Aegis currently provides quality care and services across 28 Residential Aged Care Facilities and employs more than 3200 employees.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive rates of pay;
- Relocation assistance to the South-West;
- Comprehensive orientation program; and
- Career Pathways, Professional Development and Training.
Aegis Ellenvale, located in the heart of the Broadwater (Busselton) community, provides quality care and services for up to 140 residents in a welcoming and modern environment.
About The Role
We are looking for qualified Assistants in Nursing who are passionate about providing exceptional care to our residents to join the team at Ellenvale on a permanent basis, working full time, 10 shifts per fortnight or short term assignments.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, we are offering incentives to those who permanently relocate. Initially, 3 months shared accommodation will be provided at a subsidised rental should the successful applicant not currently reside in the region. Up to $1000 reimbursement of relocation costs may also be payable after 3 months of ongoing employment.
As an integral part of the team you will:
- Work with other professionals to provide high quality, safe and effective personal care that aligns with individual resident choices and best practice.
- Assist residents with daily living activities such as showering, getting dressed, and toileting.
- Provide assistance during meal time in line with Aegis’ Excellence in Dining strategy.
- Complete documentation based on Aegis requirements.
- Deliver excellent customer service to residents, their families and any other external parties.
- Able to use initiative and deal with unexpected situations.
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Be compassionate, kind and have empathy with the aged.
- Able to work cooperatively within a team and with a wide range of people.
- Good level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, with good organisation and time management skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Positive and friendly personality with a passion for assisting our residents to maintain their quality of life.
- Certificate lll in Aged Care (or higher/equivalent).
- Prior experience in aged care (preferred).
- Full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
- Available for varied shifts across the whole week.
How To Apply
To discuss this opportunity, please contact the Facility Manager, Emily Bateman at Aegis Ellenvale (08) 9788 6400 or click Apply Now.