Assistant Cook - Aegis Parkview
About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
Aegis Parkview is a 79 bed, high care facility located in the suburb of Redcliffe, which also offers Dementia Specific care and Extra Services.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the team at Aegis Parkview on a part-time basis as an Assistant Cook.
Under supervision of the Chef Manager, you will:
- Assist in organising catering personnel in preparation and serving of meals.
- Maintain efficient management and delivery of food services.
- Ensure appropriate storage methods are used in accordance to relevant regulations and policies.
- Prepare sandwiches, salads and meals according to dietary plans and cyclic menus.
- Work alongside skilled and knowledgeable kitchen hand staff.
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers.
- Be able to communicate effectively to all levels and with diverse backgrounds.
- Have sound knowledge of Food Safe practices.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent/higher.
Staff at Aegis Parkview enjoy a strong and friendly working environment coupled with a high level support. Aegis offers all its staff comprehensive orientations and the ability for further training
How To Apply
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
- For further information, please contact Tammy Bowen (08) 9262 9100