Chef Manager - Aegis Sandstrom
About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
Located in Mt Lawley, Aegis Sandstrom caters for up to 48 residents within a high care setting
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the team at Aegis Sandstrom on full time basis (9.00am – 5.00pm) as a Chef Manager. This is a 12 month fixed term contract, covering Maternity Leave from 1st March 2017 – 1st March 2018, with a possibility of extension.
Reporting to the Facility Manager and as an important part of the team, you will:
- Be responsible for providing a high quality catering service which will be a point of difference for customers and will enrich the lives of the people living with us.
- Manage kitchen personnel, developing their skills and maximising potential.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and our food safety plan.
- Manage food ordering and storage according to relevant regulations.
- Ensure the efficient use of resources and maximise service offering within budget.
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers of people, preferably including vulnerable people.
- A high level of Food Safe knowledge.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for cooking and take pride providing high quality food and services.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent/higher.
Aegis Sandstrom offers a friendly and supportive working environment. You will work alongside skilled and knowledgeable colleagues. Comprehensive orientation is provided to all staff.
How To Apply
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
- For further information, please contact Aegis Sandstrom on (08) 9271 5232.