Resident Assistants - Aegis Montgomery
About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
In 2012, Aegis purchased the old Swanbourne Hospital after the iconic building having been left vacant and officially closed since 1986. This historic Perth landmark has been carefully transformed into a fully functioning 80 bed Residential Aged Care Facility which pays homage to the rich history of the site. This unique Facility is on schedule to commence services in Late-February and will be delivering hospitality services with a resident focus on individualised food service options.
The opening of this facility provides new opportunities for staff who would like to be a part of an amazing project that will combine history and contemporary service delivery all in one. If you are looking for a role where you can engage in relationship based services to residents in a luxury Residential Aged Care Facility this role may be for you.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for the following roles which will be coming online commencing Late-February 2018.
Resident Assistant (Medication Competent)
*Previous applicants need not apply
About The Role
The Resident Assistant will be required to provide high quality care and support services to residents in accordance with their individual needs, choices and preferences. The role will also focus on supporting residents to engage in activities that are meaningful and appropriate to enhance wellbeing and quality of life.
To be successful in this position you will:
- At least 2 years experience in a Residential Aged Care setting or similar
- Genuine interest and desire to make a difference in aged care
- Flexible approach to care service delivery which respects resident needs, interests, routines and preferences
- Strong Customer Service Focus
- Compassionate, caring and supportive nature
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Current National Police Clearance
- Certificate III in Individual Support/Aged Care or equivalent (Essential)
- Medication Administration Competency (Highly Desirable)
- Qualification and/or significant experience in Dementia Care (Highly Desirable)
This is an opportunity to join a progressive and innovative organisation where you will be supported in your role. Aegis provides a comprehensive orientation program and ongoing learning and development opportunities.
How To Apply
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Paul Seats, Montgomery Facility Manager.