Assistant Cook - Aegis Bassendean
About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for over 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
Aegis Bassendean provides quality care and services for 80 residents in a homely and welcoming living environment.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Cook to be a part of the team at Aegis Bassendean, on a Part-time basis, 3 days per week. Hours will be Friday 10am – 5pm, Saturday 6am-2pm and Sunday 10am-5pm.
Working under supervision of the Chef Manager, you will:
- Assist in organising catering personnel in preparation and serving of meals.
- Maintain efficient management and delivery of food services.
- Ensure appropriate storage methods are used in accordance to relevant regulations and policies.
- Prepare sandwiches, salads and meals according to dietary plans and cyclic menus.
- Work alongside skilled and knowledgeable kitchen hand staff.
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have at least two years’ experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent/higher.
- Be able to communicate effectively to all levels and with diverse backgrounds.
- Have sound knowledge of Food Safe practices.
Aged care experience will be highly regarded
Aegis Bassendean offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with a comprehensive orientation program. You will be joining a progressive and dynamic company where your contribution will be highly valued. You will enjoy being part of a supportive multidisciplinary team where you will have access to learning and professional development opportunities to progress further in your career.
How To Apply
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Aegis Bassendean on (08) 9279 4258. Click 'APPLY' now to lodge an application.