Assistant Cook / Kitchen Hand - Aegis Greenfields
About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for over 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
Located in the City of Mandurah, Aegis Greenfields offers quality care services for up to 106 residents in a homely and modern environment.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the team at Aegis Greenfields as an Assistant Cook and Kitchen Hand on a casual basis. This dual position will cover a variety of shifts including morning, afternoon and weekends.
As an important part of the team, you will:
- Effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of food services for residents
- Provide food services under the direction and supervision of the Cook/Chef Manager
- Organise kitchen staff in the preparation and serving of meals during weekends
- Prepares resident’s meals according to dietary plans and menus developed
- Manages receipt of stores, and food storage according to the relevant regulations
- Ensure correct food handling techniques are used at all times
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers of people
- A high level of Food Safe knowledge
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work independently
- Be able to work cooperatively within a team environment
- Hold a Cert III in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent)
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded
Aegis Greenfields offers free off-street car parking for all staff and is conveniently located close to public transport. You will be supported by comprehensive orientation programs coupled with a friendly and supportive working environment where you feel like part of a community.
How To Apply
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
- For further information, please contact Aegis Greenfields on (08) 9535 0700.