Assistant Cook - Aegis Stirling
About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for over 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
Located in the heart of the Yokine community, Aegis Stirling caters for up to 135 residents in a modern and familiar environment.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the team at Aegis Stirling on a full-time basis as an Assistant Cook.
Working under supervision of the Chef Manager, you will:
- Assist in organising catering personnel in preparation and serving of meals.
- Maintain efficient management and delivery of food services.
- Ensure appropriate storage methods are used in accordance to relevant regulations and policies.
- Prepare sandwiches, salads and meals according to dietary plans and cyclic menus.
- Work alongside skilled and knowledgeable kitchen hand staff.
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have at least two years’ experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent/higher.
- Be able to communicate effectively to all levels and with diverse backgrounds.
- Have sound knowledge of Food Safe practices.
Aged care experience will be highly regarded
Staff at Aegis Stirling enjoy a strong and friendly working environment coupled with a high level of support. Aegis offers all staff a comprehensive orientation program. Free off-street parking is also available.
How To Apply
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, please contact Aegis Stirling on (08) 9375 0800. Click “APPLY” now to lodge an application and provide a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.