Assistant Cook - Aegis The Pines
About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for over 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
Located in the heart of the Ellenbrook community, Aegis The Pines caters for up to 78 residents and provides quality Low Care, High Care and Dementia Specific Care services.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the team at Aegis The Pines on a part-time basis as an Assistant Cook. Hours are 10:30 – 18:30 and will include both weekday and weekend shifts.
Working under supervision of the Chef Manager, you will:
- Assist in organising catering personnel in preparation and serving of meals.
- Maintain efficient management and delivery of food services.
- Ensure appropriate storage methods are used in accordance to relevant regulations and policies.
- Prepare sandwiches, salads and meals according to dietary plans and cyclic menus.
- Work alongside skilled and knowledgeable kitchen hand staff.
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers.
- Have experience in aged care.
- Have strong leadership skills
- Have sound communication and organisational skills.
- Have sound knowledge of Food Safe practices.
- Be able to work within a team environment and independently.
Staff enjoy working at Aegis The Pines due to its friendly and supportive working environment. You will work alongside skilled and experienced colleagues as well as being provided with the equipment to do your job effectively and efficiently.
How To Apply
For further information regarding the opportunity available, please contact Facility Manger, Jackie Giffney on (08) 9297 9100. Click ‘APPLY’ now to lodge an application and provide a copy of your CV.