About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
In 2012, Aegis purchased the old Swanbourne Hospital after the iconic building was left vacant after officially closing in 1986. This historic Perth landmark has been carefully transformed into a fully functioning 80 bed residential aged care facility which pays homage to the rich history of the site.
About The Role
The Assistant in Nursing are required to provide high quality care and support services to residents in accordance with their individual needs, choices and preferences. This role focuses on supporting residents to engage in activities that are meaningful and appropriate to enhance wellbeing and quality of life.
To be successful in this position you will:
- At least 2 years experience in a Residential Aged Care setting or similar
- Genuine interest and desire to make a difference in aged care
- Flexible approach to care service delivery which respects resident needs, interests, routines and preferences
- Strong Customer Service Focus
- Compassionate, caring and supportive nature
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Current National Police Clearance
- Certificate III in Individual Support/Aged Care or equivalent (Essential)
- Medication Administration Competency (Highly Desirable)
- Qualification and/or significant experience in Dementia Care (Highly Desirable)
This is an opportunity to join a progressive and innovative organisation where you will be supported in your role. Aegis provides a comprehensive orientation program and ongoing learning and development opportunities.
How To Apply
For further information regarding this opportunity, please contact Montgomery House on (08) 93140614