Aegis Central Office - Dietitian
About The Organisation
Aegis Aged Care Group is WA’s largest residential Aged Care provider. Family owned and operated, we are progressive in using innovation and imagination in caring for the elderly people who live with us.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, qualified dietitian to join Aegis on a Permanent Full-Time basis (commencing mid January).
Working as part of our supportive multi-disciplinary clinical team, you will provide a comprehensive dietetic service across all Aegis facilities, including transitional care placement sites. To provide clinically appropriate assessment and treatment of all referred residents and further implementing and supporting the Aegis Nutrition Policy. The successful applicant will need to be efficient at time management and appropriately prioritise resident referrals. Developing and providing nutrition education to staff is also included in this role.
To be successful in this role, you will need
- Tertiary qualifications in Dietetics and be eligible for full membership in the Dietitians Association of Australia as an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD)
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical dietetic experience
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately apply Evidence Based Principles and dietetic knowledge to resident management
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Current C class drivers licence
- Empathy for the aged and a commitment to improve their health, wellness and daily living enjoyment
This role would suit a candidate with experience in the speciality of Aged Care, with experience in food service desirable but not essential. A comprehensive hand over period will be provided with ongoing support from our multi-disciplinary clinical team members.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we encourage you to contact Aegis Reception, on (08) 6254 8200 or click "Apply now" lodge your application.