Manager - Quality & Compliance
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay and access to company vehicle;
- ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your ongoing professional development.
About the role
This is a newly created role designed to provide support across designated sites to ensure effective quality and care systems are maintained and monitored for compliance against Aegis’ Polices and Processes, governing legislation and regulations as applicable to the Aged Care Accreditation standards as applicable.
This role is responsible for all Accreditation Standard outcomes as well as clinical care.
There is a strong focus on collaboration, communication and stakeholder engagement and relationship building in this role.
In this role, you will:
- Maximise the opportunity to translate information into effective and practical initiatives and contribute constructively to the care focus of Aegis.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities across the Aegis Group is a key component of this role but simultaneously building on the positive Aegis’ culture.
- Provide support, coaching and guidance to Aegis facilities and their management teams to achieve compliance and expected results of Aegis quality processes and practices.
- Audit and contribute to achievement of compliance with Aegis Quality Systems.
- Assist in the evidence gathering process to support any at risk compliance processes.
- Work with others to identify serious incidents and preparation of resolution reports as needed.
- Support the preparation of documents for site audits and announced contacts by AACQA.
- Provide local support for all AACQA visits as required.
- Complete reporting and provide support to ensure compliance is identified and actions help rectify any identified non-compliance.
- Monitor and review to ensure that Aegis Group always operates in an environment of Continuous Improvement that seeks and maintains stakeholder engagement and contribution.
- Extensive Aged Care or similar health services industry experience at Managerial level.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to build effective relationships and communicate with a diverse range of people.
- Agile, operationally focussed and passionate about continuous improvement.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential with the ability to effect change successfully.
- High level of problem solving and analytical writing skills.
- Represents Aegis’ best interest and consults when engaging with all stakeholders pertinent to clinical and care needs for care recipients.
- Promotes a customer service care recipient focused approach by all staff.
- Effective resource management.
- Strong management skills, being able to proactively coach and develop a diverse workforce.
- AACOA experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Registered Nurse Div. 1 with current AHPRA registration.
- Extensive management/leadership experience (minimum 5 years) in aged care or similar.
- Comprehensive understanding of all legislation governing Aged Care Operations including Aged Care Quality Standards, quality management systems and ACFI assessment processes.
- Lead auditor qualifications or Quality Aged Care Assessor qualifications.
- Willing to frequently travel to facilities in Perth and Busselton.
- Full Australian working rights and current national police clearance.
How To Apply
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
- For further information, please contact Grant Waldron Manager People & Culture on 08 6254 8200.