Lifestyle Assistant - Montgomery House
About The Organisation
The Aegis Aged Care Group has been providing quality care services to elderly West Australians for over 30 years with a passion in innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environments for the people who reside with us.
In 2012, Aegis purchased the old Swanbourne Hospital after the iconic building having been left vacant and officially closed since 1986. This historic Perth landmark has been carefully transformed into a fully functioning 80 bed Residential Aged Care Facility which pays homage to the rich history of the site. This unique Facility delivers services on a Resident Directed Care Model.
The opening of this facility provides new opportunities for staff who would like to be a part of an amazing project that will combine history and contemporary service delivery all in one. If you are looking for a role where you can engage in relationship-based services to residents in a luxury Residential Aged Care Facility this role may be for you.
About The Role
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to be a part of the team at Aegis Montgomery House as a Lifestyle Assistant on a part-time basis (up to 32.5 hours per week and will include weekend shifts). As an important part of the team, you will:
- Provide group and individual therapy techniques
- Assist therapy programs under the direction of the FM, OT/PT and Lifestyle Co-Ordinator
- Observe and report outcome of activities and therapies offered
- Contribute to the admission process by promoting the Facility’s therapy programs
- Assist in the management of bookings of activities and bus trips
- Organise Resident and Relative meetings
- Coordinate volunteers
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A Certificate III in Leisure & Lifestyle (preferred)
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Aged Care
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and coach staff
- A high level of communication skills
- High attention to detail
Aegis Montgomery House offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with working in a skilled and knowledgeable team. Aegis offers a comprehensive orientation program.
How To Apply
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
- For further information, please contact Aegis Montgomery House on (08) 9314 0614