Registered Nurse - Aegis Shawford
About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
Nestled in a quiet residential area of Innaloo, Aegis Shawford caters for up to 102 residents in a homely, modern and welcoming environment.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse who is passionate about providing exceptional care to our residents. This is a part-time opportunity, 60hrs per fortnight on a fixed-term appointment with afternoon shifts for 10 months providing maternity leave cover with the possibility of extension.
As an integral part of the team you will:
- Provide high quality, safe and effective nursing care that aligns with individual resident preferences and best practice.
- Undertake clinical, social and self-care assessments.
- Ensure all care documentation is completed with appropriate strategies implemented.
- Anticipate residents’ changing health needs and initiate further assessments or referrals.
- Support residents and their families by addressing queries, comments, suggestions or concerns.
- Support, coach, monitor and mentor the unregulated care workers.
- Complete ACFI documentation and assessment processes.
- Provide support to the Clinical Nurse Manager and clinical expertise to the care team.
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Passionate about caring for the aged.
- Able to communicate with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders.
- Highly organised with strong planning skills.
- Able to identify and manage clinical risk in the aged care setting.
- Able to proactively lead, coach and develop care and lifestyle staff
- Flexible in responding to changing resident needs.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently within a team and independently.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- comprehensive orientation program;
- ongoing training and opportunities for career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
How To Apply
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
- For further information, please contact the manager at Aegis Shawford on (08) 9244 8477.