Occupational Therapist - Aegis Greenfields
About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
Located in the Mandurah area, Aegis Greenfields caters for up to 106 residents and provides high quality care services in a homely, modern and welcoming living environment.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and self-driven individual to join the team as an Occupational Therapist on a part-time basis, 3 days per week.
As an important part of the care and lifestyle team, you will:
- Be responsible for assessing resident’s physical and psycho-social functions.
- Plan and implement treatment and activity programs as appropriate to resident’s needs.
- Support and lead a team of Therapy Assistants providing high quality OT Programs.
- Ensure assessment notes are maintained and up-to-date.
- Provide contemporary evidence-based treatments.
- Complete accurate documentation in line with relevant guidelines.
Skills and Abilities
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Occupational Therapy qualification and AHPRA registration.
- Experience within a rehabilitation setting.
- Experience in Aged Care (desirable).
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
- Customer service ethos with focus on providing a comprehensive and meaningful service to residents.
- Have strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Well developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Hold a genuine interest in working with older people.
- Have an understanding of the needs of and issues facing older people.
- Flexible and adaptable worker.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
How To Apply
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
- For further information, please contact Aegis Greenfields on (08) 9535 0700