Assistant Chef Manager - Aegis Alfred Carson
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
Aegis offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with a comprehensive orientation program. You will be joining a progressive and dynamic company where your contribution will be valued.
Located in the heart of the Claremont community, Aegis Alfred Carson provides quality care and services for up to 90 residents in a modern and homely living environment.
About the role
We are looking for a qualified and motivated Assistant Chef Manager to be part of our residence. This role is 8 days per fortnight (negotiable) and includes weekend shifts.
Reporting to the Facility Manager and as an integral part of the team, you will:
- Be responsible for providing high quality catering service which will be a point of difference for residents and will enrich the lives of the people living with us.
- Lead the kitchen production team by cooking while mentoring your staff.
- Ensure menus are developed in line with Aegis’ philosophy of providing meals that are full of flavour and use fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and Aegis’ food safety plan.
- Manage the rostering of kitchen staff.
- Manage food ordering and storage according to relevant regulations.
- Ensure the efficient use of resources and maximise service offering within budget.
- Lead and coach all kitchen personnel, developing their skills and maximising potential.
- Qualification in Commercial Cookery
- At least 5 years’ experience as Head Chef or similar role
- Experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers of people, preferably including vulnerable people.
- Proven experience to run a busy, high volume food service.
- Experience in managing a food production team providing multiple services
- Knowledge of implementing and controlling a food safety program following HACCP principles
- Sound understanding of rostering.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, with strong problem solving skills.
- Customer service ethos with a focus on quality service.
- Passion for cooking and take pride in providing high quality food and services.
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How to Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
For further information, please contact Javier Ferrandez, Catering Services - Senior Consultant on (08) 6254 8200.