Assistant Chef - Ellenvale
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
Aegis offers a friendly and supportive working environment coupled with a comprehensive orientation program. You will be joining a progressive and dynamic company where your contribution will be valued.
Aegis Ellenvale, located in the heart of the Broadwater community, provides quality care and services for up to 140 residents in a welcoming and modern environment.
About the role
We are looking for a qualified and motivated Assistant Chef to be part of our residence. This role is offered as a full or part-time position (negotiable) and includes weekend shifts.
Reporting to the Chef Manager and as an integral part of the team, you will:
- Assist in organising catering personnel in preparation and serving of meals.
- Maintain efficient management and delivery of food services.
- Ensure appropriate storage methods are used in accordance to relevant regulations and policies.
- Prepare sandwiches, salads and meals according to dietary plans and cyclic menus.
- Work alongside skilled and knowledgeable kitchen hand staff.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers.
- Be able to communicate effectively to all levels and with diverse backgrounds.
- Have sound knowledge of Food Safe practices.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent/higher.
- An approachable and mentoring demeanour
How to apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
For further information, please contact the Aegis Aged Care Group on (08) 6254 8200 or click "Apply" now below.