Manager - Quality & Compliance
About the role
This is a newly created role designed to provide support across designated sites to ensure effective quality and care systems are maintained and monitored for compliance against Aegis’ Polices and Processes, governing legislation and regulations as applicable to the Aged Care Accreditation standards as applicable.
This role is responsible for all Accreditation Standard outcomes as well as clinical care.
There is a strong focus on collaboration, communication and stakeholder engagement and relationship building in this role.
In this role, you will:
- Maximise the opportunity to translate information into effective and practical initiatives and contribute constructively to the care focus of Aegis.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities across the Aegis Group is a key component of this role but simultaneously building on the positive Aegis’ culture.
- Provide support, coaching and guidance to Aegis facilities and their management teams to achieve compliance and expected results of Aegis quality processes and practices.
- Audit and contribute to achievement of compliance with Aegis Quality Systems.
- Assist in the evidence gathering process to support any at risk compliance processes.
- Work with others to identify serious incidents and preparation of resolution reports as needed.
- Support the preparation of documents for site audits and announced contacts by AACQA.
- Provide local support for all AACQA visits as required.
- Complete reporting and provide support to ensure compliance is identified and actions help rectify any identified non-compliance.
- Monitor and review to ensure that Aegis Group always operates in an environment of Continuous Improvement that seeks and maintains stakeholder engagement and contribution.
Skills and abilities
- Extensive Aged Care or similar health services industry experience at Managerial level.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to build effective relationships and communicate with a diverse range of people
- Agile, operationally focussed and passionate about continuous improvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential with the ability to effect change successfully
- High level of problem solving and analytical writing skills.
- Represents Aegis’ best interest and consults when engaging with all stakeholders pertinent to clinical and care needs for care recipients
- Promotes a customer service care recipient focused approach by all staff
- Effective resource management
- Strong management skills, being able to proactively coach and develop a diverse workforce.
- AACOA experience would be advantageous but not essential.
You will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package commensurate with your skills and abilities.
- Registered Nurse Div. 1 with current AHPRA registration.
- Extensive management/leadership experience (minimum 5 years) in aged care or similar.
- Comprehensive understanding of all legislation governing Aged Care Operations including Aged Care Quality Standards, quality management systems and ACFI assessment processes.
- Lead auditor qualifications or Quality Aged Care Assessor qualifications.
- Willing to frequently travel to facilities in Perth and Busselton.
- Full Australian working rights and current national police clearance.
How to apply
To discuss this exciting opportunity, please contact Grant Waldron (Manager People & Culture) or Hilary Slade (Manager Clinical) at Central office on (08) 6254 8200