Executive Sous Chef - Consultant
Providing quality care and hospitality services for over 30 years, the Aegis Aged Care Group is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life, and home environment of the people who live with us.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Executive Sous Chef – Consultant to join our Hospitality team. In this important role, you will work closely with the Catering Services Senior Consultant to drive quality and continuous improvement within our in-house catering service to ensure our food service delivery exceeds Industry standards.
Based in Burswood but with regular onsite work in our facilities, the successful applicant will:
- Provide support, direction and advice to our Chef Managers, Assistant Cooks, and catering staff on food production and the provision of high quality food service delivery
- Maintain high performance with resident satisfaction across catering services
- Assists with Delivering competency-based learning programs to chefs and catering service staff.
- Assist with developing standard recipes for menu dishes which complies to Aegis Dietitian Guidelines, National Standards for Texture Modified Foods and monitors compliance with recipe specifications.
- Identify and act upon opportunities for development
- Conduct internal audits and ensure compliance with the Aegis Food Safety Program
- Discover talented cooks and train them in order to reach the required skill level of providing high quality food to Aegis standards for the benefit of residents.
- Personally, conduct on-boarding training to all new Chef Managers and Assistant Cooks across the Group.
- Be accountable for providing support to facilities with maintaining monthly food budgets and controlling stock
- Contribute to the ongoing Aged Care Accreditation process
Skills and abilities
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Recognised Chef qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Chef within a high-volume restaurant/catering position providing consistent quality meals.
- HACCP knowledge and experience across a large 1000+ bed health or hospitality environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maximise the potential of staff
- Proven excellent communication skills with the ability to deliver your message to people at all levels and from diverse backgrounds
- Strong facilitation skills with the ability to deliver group and on the job training
- A commitment to continuous improvement with the ability to identify opportunities
- High attention to detail with excellent time management
- Strong customer service focus
- Proactive anticipation of providing positive practical solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant based on their skills and experience and will include a fully maintained company vehicle.
Our Central Office is conveniently located in Burswood and provides high quality amenities including undercover parking, staff gym, employee benefits program, family friendly hours.
You will be joining a growing organisation that has maintained its family feel as well as a motivated and dynamic management team who are passionate about what we do.
How to apply
For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, please contact Javier Ferrandez on (08) 6254 8200 or click “APPLY” now.