Occupational Therapist - Aegis Shoalwater
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
Nestled between Warnbro Sound & Shoalwater Bay in the City of Rockingham, Aegis Shoalwater provides high quality care services in a homely and welcoming living environment.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and self-driven individual to join the team at Shoalwater as an Occupational Therapist. This is a full-time role, however if preferred, 4 days per week would be considered for the successful applicant.
As an important part of the care and lifestyle team, you will:
- Be responsible for assessing resident’s physical and psycho-social functions.
- Plan and implement treatment and activity programs as appropriate to resident’s needs.
- Support and lead a team of Therapy Assistants providing high quality OT Programs.
- Ensure assessment notes are maintained and up-to-date.
- Provide contemporary evidence-based treatments.
- Complete accurate documentation in line with relevant guidelines.
- Customer service ethos with focus on providing a comprehensive and meaningful service to residents.
- Have strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Well developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Hold a genuine interest in working with older people.
- Have an understanding of the needs of and issues facing older people.
- Flexible and adaptable worker.
- Occupational Therapy qualification and AHPRA registration.
- Experience within a rehabilitation setting.
- Experience in Aged Care (desirable).
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How to apply
To lodge an application, please click "APPLY" now or apply via our Careers page (https://aegisagedcare.applynow.net.au/) with a copy of your resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
For further information regarding this role, please contact Jane Grlusich, Senior Physiotherapist – Pain Therapy on 0426 288 400.