Therapy Assistant - Parkview
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
Aegis Parkview is a 79 bed, high care facility located in the suburb of Redcliffe, which also offers Dementia Specific care and Extra Services.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and self-driven individual to join the team at Parkview as a Therapy Assistant. This is a permanent part-time role.
As an important part of the team you will:
- Provide mobility and exercise programs to our residents under the direction and supervision of the Physiotherapist.
- Provide recreational and other therapeutic activity programs to our residents under the direction and supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
- Participate in the organisation and planning of therapy programs.
- Deliver a range of therapy based activity programs as directed.
- Complete accurate documentation in line with relevant guidelines.
- Accompany resident groups on outings.
- Hold a Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance or higher/equivalent.
- Have strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Have experience in a similar role.
- Experience in Aged Care (desirable).
- Have empathy with the elderly.
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How to apply
To lodge an application, please click "APPLY" now with a copy of your resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role