Therapy Assistant - Woodlake
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
Located in the heart of the Kingsley community, Aegis Woodlake caters for up to 102 residents in a homely and welcoming environment.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic and self-driven individual to join the team as an Occupational Therapy Assistant.
As an important part of the team you will:
- Provide mobility and exercise programs to our residents under the direction and supervision of the Physiotherapist.
- Provide recreational and other therapeutic activity programs to our residents under the direction and supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
- Participate in the organisation and planning of therapy programs.
- Deliver a range of therapy based activity programs as directed.
- Complete accurate documentation in line with relevant guidelines.
- Accompany resident groups on outings.
- Hold a Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance or higher/equivalent.
- Have strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Have experience in a similar role.
- At least 2 years' experience in Aged Care.
- Have empathy with the elderly.
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How to apply
To lodge an application, please click "APPLY" now with a copy of your resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role