Assistant in Nursing - Aegis Karalee
About The Organisation
Providing quality care services for 30 years, Aegis Aged Care is passionate about using innovation and imagination to continually improve the care, quality of life and living environment of the people who live with us.
As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
Located in the heart of the Redcliffe community, Aegis Karalee and Lakeside facilities cater for up to 61 residents in a homely and welcoming environment.
About The Role
We are looking for experienced Assistants in Nursing who are passionate about providing exceptional care to our residents to join the Karalee team on a Casual basis for morning, afternoon and night shifts across the week including weekends. We are seeking suitably qualified individuals who have a maximum capacity to work throughout the week without limitations and are highly flexible.
As an integral part of the team you will:
- Work with other professionals to provide high quality, safe and effective personal care that aligns with individual resident choices and best practice.
- Assist residents to enjoy a quality lifestyle that includes assistance with Activities of Daily Living and meaningful activities.
- Assist residents with medication administration
- Provide assistance during meal time in line with Aegis’ Excellence in Dining strategy.
- Complete documentation based on Aegis requirements.
- Deliver excellent customer service to residents, their families and any other external parties.
- Able to use initiative and deal with unexpected situations.
- Be compassionate and have empathy with the aged.
- Able to work cooperatively within a team and with a wide range of people.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, with good organisation and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Positive and friendly personality with a passion for assisting our residents to maintain their quality of life.
- Certificate III in Aged Care (or higher/equivalent)
- At least 2 years experience in aged care.
- Competent in Medication Administration or willing to work towards.
- Full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
- Be flexible and available on short notice for varied shifts across all days of the week.
How To Apply
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
- For further information, please contact Aegis Karalee on (08) 9277 0222.